Content marketing on Facebook can be a richly rewarding experience, both in terms of growth for your business and learning about the type of audience/customer/client you are attracting. To get started you should base your content marketing strategy on the following questions -
- Who am I writing for? What is my target audience?
- What is the type of content I will post?
- Why am I going to market content on Facebook? Is it to generate leads, create a buzz for a product launch, brand a company or sell a product?
Here are the steps that you should take in order to institute a robust Facebook content marketing strategy.
- Facebook offers tools that enable you to target the right audience. Everybody knows Facebook ads and the depth to which you can target prospects with these ads. But are you aware of features such as Facebook Interest Lists. You can create lists and access these from the sidebar. It’s a great tool to track the interests of people you wish to target. Use this in conjunction with Facebook Graph Search. You can go down several layers to unearth prospects for your page. Search for men / women / kids that like pages similar to yours; businesses similar to yours in your city visited / liked by people, etc.
- Use hashtags in your search. Look up keywords and terms related to your business using hashtags. You will find ideas for written content as well as visual content that you can share with a witty comment of your own.
- Content sharing and commenting is a great way to get noticed early on, it gives you space on your followers’ pages without having to create new content. Keep an eye out for relevant interesting content. Use the Facebook Interest Lists for this purpose. You can also link to great content from other websites.
- Do not lose focus of your objective. Content marketing on social media and especially Facebook can quickly become an enjoyable game of getting likes, shares, and comments. But for your business to benefit you have to take the engagement to your website or landing page. You must decide what kind of content helps you achieve this objective? Draw attention to posts linking to content on your website. Use of images is the best way to do this. Posts with images have a 53% higher click through rate than those that don’t. Make sure the link they’re clicking to is relevant to your message. Be prepared to engage your audience with effective calls to action. Reply to comments on your posts; it is the well-mannered thing to do and it keeps the conversation going. Your visitors will remember.
- Be conscious of the persona you choose to project. You are on Facebook to market content and further your brand. If you can involve prospects and customers by making them a part of your story or post, you will see a heartwarming upward spike in the engagement numbers. Run a quiz and put up images of the first ten winners as your cover photo; allow your audience to creatively project your business and showcase the most interesting ideas on your product / service.
- Create a schedule and follow it. You swiftly undo any gains that you have accrued in terms of piquing audience interest if you do not follow through with regular posts. You need a content schedule that covers not only the times but also the types of posts that will go up.
- Target your posts. Facebook enables targeting of post by gender, location, qualification, age, and orientation. The last mentioned, which appears as “interested in” is a great if you are running a gender-specific campaign. Sometimes you may want a particular post to reach out to a select audience because of its relevance or you wish to check engagement levels, etc.
Facebook has a lot of advantages to the company that wants to build a brand, enlarge an audience, and sell a product. Like anything else, success doesn’t occur without a commitment of time, without planning and follow through, and without knowing your audience. Use the tools mentioned here, some creativity, some patience and some discipline and Facebook will reward both your time and your effort.
J.A. Moffitt is the President of Elvin Web Marketing. Elvin Web Marketing is a full service online marketing company. Whether it’s getting on the first page of a Google search, improving your site content, blog writing, submitting your business to online directories, or social or email marketing, we can help! Call us at 203-882-0171. We now offer targeted ads on national websites. Visit our webpage at http://onlinemarketinginct.com